Day 2 of week 3 (Day 16) and more than half way through the whole 30.
I forgot to mention something in my last post because I was so flippin tired last night. My mother-in-law makes this special cake. It was a recipe she took from her mother I believe. I would eat more than enough of that cake every chance I got and yesterday I was put to a test. I fought tooth and nail to not eat a single piece of that yummy cake. While my wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law started working on decorations for my daughter's upcoming first birthday, I was automatically put on baby watch duties. So as Cailey ran around the house in circles chasing after her cousins and the dogs, we would pass by the cake on the dining table. It was YELLING my name the countless times I passed by. But, my will power struck never let it get the best of me. At the end of the day I was victorious, like PR'ing on a power clean, that's how good it felt!
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with rotsserie chicken pieces, onions, spinach, and avocados (some tapatio of course)
- Snack - Spinach smoothie, banana, raw almonds, pistachos
- Lunch - Grilled chicken and steamed snap peas.
- Snack - Fresh straw berries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelon
- Dinner - Grilled Chicken, spinach salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and guacamole
WOD: QuadCore-ripper (This workout was insane. I didn't expect it to be as hard as it was, it felt like a carrot was dangling in front of me the whole time and i couldn't grab for the life of me. when would the suffering end?)
100ft Walking Lunges
My Time = 23:36 (I survived!!!)
BTW, here's a pic of my lil one. We tried to trick her by giving her a piece of an unripened mango since it was really sour, but she seemed to like it. Joke's on us!